Thursday, June 23, 2005

anywhere but here...

what an up and down day today and i can't even talk about most of it b/c of the confidentiality of my job. camp wasn't too bad. i actually felt a couple points where i seriously reached my client, which is saying a lot. but then i spent a couple hours in the office, and talked to my boss about another client where there's just awkwardness and my boss had had a terrible day and i was only adding to it. i was so discouraged and exhausted leaving the office with only a couple hours until my threenails responsibilities kicked in. then my friend who actually got me the job i have there called me and said she'd be subbing for one of my BSC's next week. we talked about some other things and she was really encouraging and gave me some hope for a job i felt i was just failing miserably at with everyone from all sides telling me what i was doing wrong.

in other news i started off the morning getting a call from france. and calling france back. well, not the whole country, just this quirky italian kid in sweet thrift store bough shoes doing her laundry. m, i miss you and i wish it was so dang expensive to call you. you must make haste and come back to the states where friends are entertaining, most of the men bathe and the portions are bigger (reference to lake woebegone if you didn't catch it).

well i think i'm going to go eat chocolate ice cream before i have to go be the admistrator of a church.

2 comments:

Mair said...

Chocolate ice cream is the best for a pick me up. I highly recommend Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy...soooooo chocolately you can hardly stand it, and so rich you can only eat a little at a time (which is a good self-control device!)

Can't wait to see you!

Marianne said...

Ohhhhhh, ice cream! Now I need to get a cone on my wak home.
May I mention how fabulous it was that you called, even if only for a couple minutes? I love that the world is so much smaller than it used to be, and that at any minute I can be in contact with almost any of my friends!
Hey, I've decided to start blaming all bad moods and bad days on the heat, and I recommend this method. I hate the grocery clerk who yelled at me for not having correct change? "What a hot day it is! This sucks!"
Okay, away I go again, back into the sunshine