Wednesday, August 31, 2005

baby, you can drive my car.

well, after 2 days of car shopping, the most humane thing to do was to trade in the eagle for pesos and hop in some new leased wheels. so...i made a change. i now drive a 2005 black honda civic. and i did it all by myself, no cosigner needed. so now i finish out my week and i hit the road with my new wheels to cross the state of ohio into the great state of indiana. who am i going to see you ask? the eternal student of course! it will be my first visit to indiana, south bend, notre dame and chicago! i'm totally pysched, if for nothing more than to take a nap on one of her brand new couches and to cause general chaos and silliness with my double trouble partner in crime. friday couldn't come fast enough.

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Woo hoo!!!!
Prepare for some fun, Flanagan! You're coming home, girl! First thing we'll do is stuff you full of corned beef and cabbage at the Fiddler's Hearth, and then it's off to...well, I'm sure we'll find something.
God is so good!
I'm still in awe that this all worked out (and by "this" I mean you having safe, reliable wheels, not just visiting moi!).

Marianne said...

oh crap, now i need to really clean the apartment! what do you want to eat? do you want my real italian spaghetti????

Babba-Gi said...

Ah, yes the Eagle is extinct. Welcome to the Honda family. No more wondering whether or not that smell is coming from your car or that new rattle has any significance. Give the Eternal Student some hints as to how a person buys a car. So far all her experience has come from playing "Grand Theft Auto".

Nothing like a trip down the worlds longest runway I-80 to clear your head.

kelly said...

mmmm...spaghetti. real italian food. yes. this sounds good. i might be irish, but i know good pasta when i taste it. the corned beef and cabbage idea ain't so bad either.

kelly said...

haha. thanks babba. i promise not to get your little girl into toooooo much trouble. now the trouble she can get herself into...well there's no telling where that could lead.

Mair said...

yay, Kelly! I'm so happy that this worked out for you. I'm sorry I haven't returned your call. I've been insanely busy, but hopefully will get the chance to talk to you next week sometime. I've been thinking about you and I hope you have a great weekend with Marianne!