Wednesday, December 06, 2006

for your clarification...

i thought i should make an addendum to my most recent post. my point was not that i think the way to include and carry children through worshipping God as a community together should be making them the center of attention and detracting from the space for adults to worship. my thought was that I saw Christ glorified in this moment of messiness because it wasn't something we had carefully and strategically planned to BE worship. my head was not in worshipping God while i held kaden on my lap, it was in controlling the situation. God spoke into this to me through kaden, showing me that our times spent in worship to him are HIS to do with what he will.

i pray the Lord continues to reveal Himself to us as we seek to raise our children in a knowledge of His love and truth.

1 comment:

greg'ry said...

Kelly,
Good post. I've got goose bumps as I am blessed by the depth of your insight and sight of God.

God inhabits the praises of His people the bible says. Even (especially) the praises coming from a child's kazoo.

Powerful!